Please excuse the mess. The project is still in its first steps. I'll be buying a new server for Zoshe soon, and when I do, I'll code and build a proper site with a wiki type interface for it. Until then, please hang tight.
(this section needs work)
(this section needs work)
Lots of steroid based anti-Inflammatory drugs lose their effectiveness over time. It seems an experimental insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) could be a wonderful new Anti-Inflammatory treatment, especially for those that do not respond to steroid based anti-Inflammatory.
Hospitals were among the first to successfully use UV light technology as an additional inexpensive highly effective method to help disinfect Hospital rooms, air, water, equipment, and medical supplies from dangerous infectious Viruses, Mold and Bacterium Organisms. So it makes good sense to extend this type of additional inexpensive disinfection method to all the homes of those with lung and other conditions too, to help prevent and lower their infection exposure levels in the home. Currently fixed and portable UV disinfection equipment exist for Water treatment, Air treatment, and Surface treatment.
A Pediatric Doctor James D. Swift in Las Vegas successfully used Helium on certain types of Pediatric chronic Asthmatic Patient cases where nothing else work in the ER. Basically, he used a treatment of mixing Oxygen with Helium to coat the lungs airways long enough to improved an Asthmatic patient's airflow, so medication can work effectively. It seems logical this method could also work for treating chronic Asthmatic Adult conditions of lung infections and other conditions too. Here is links about it:
I have a lot of stuff to put here, but I haven't had the time to organize all of it. Until then, I added two of the more important bodies of work on Bacteria infection. The link for Quorum Sensing is a lecture about Quorum Sensing given by Bonnie Bassier. Her work in this field is amazing, and I suggest everyone to watch it.
this section needs work.
(this section needs to add in other findings with MRI, which should confirm the U. of Virginia's MRI findings below)
In Feb of 2009 this study http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090206165947.htm from the U. of Virginia revealed long lasting airway blockages, even in medicated Asthma patient. The study used Helium-3 gas MRI to study Asthma, the study's MRI images also suggest and discovered for the first time, that asthma is a focal disease, meaning that it involves certain airways and not others. If the study is correct, it would seem possible to use one or a combination of the below Mechanical valves/glue/ or stent methods, to temporally or permanently open up these few focal diseased airways of the lungs for better treatment. Basically, opening up these Asthmatic blocked focal airways with stents, should improve Asthmatic medication and the effectiveness of infection treatment to better improve lung function and breathing. I also found some studies and research of older designed metal and silicone stents being used in people with other lung condition. Where some of the patients also had Asthma, and showed improved quality of life. I found some of these studies at https://www.researchgate.net/ , which is a social network for research. Hopefully, I can find other research studies, and people currently working on a stent treatment for Asthmatic blocked focal airways. It's important to point out, some of these new airway stents R removable, which means they can be removed if or when a gene therapy becomes available, or for any other matter.
Eating healthy is always a good thing. I'm not a big friend, or one that believes in many of these supplement claims, but some may have some beneficial affect. So the following is a list of some, which may or may not have a benefit, but seem harmless if not abused.
(This section needs work)
(This section of Gene Therapy Findings needs work)
(This section needs work)
So to date, the following approach would seem reasonable for Diagnosing Asthmatic blocked focal airways and conditions:
(This section needs work, it's poorly done and written. Needs to be redone, and to include Protein Blocker Treatment, thermoplasty, ad regenerative.)
So to date, the following approach would seem reasonable for treating Asthmatic blocked focal airways and conditions:
Below is the idea section, where I added some ideas of other possibilities. If any of them turn out to be possible, I will move them to their own section. All of the Ideas below R Robert Stack's ideas, and R free for anyone to use.
1. Flex Powered Anti-Lung-Infection UV Light Stent. Using a scope, a Doctor places this stent in a large focal part of the airway, where it can stay for many years, and deliver a safe interval amount of UV light, when needed or by preset intervals, it flashes UV light up into the airways of the lung to kill infections. The stent receives its power from the flexing of the stent's energy harvesting system, which is based on the Princeton's Piezoelectric Ribbons Printed energy harvesting system seen here at http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/nl903377u. Another energy harvesting system is this one by Zhong Lin Wang To prevent bio material adhering and building up on it, the device could be coated with non-toxic liquid glass to improve reliability and functionality. Information about liquid glass, and how it prevents bio from sticking and adhering to it can be found here at http://www.nanopool.eu/couk/index.htm . The device will use a bluetooth wireless device to turn it on and off when needed. The whole devise should be made with as much non-magnetic material as possible to prevent shifting during a MRI. It will take 6 months to 1 year to develop a working prototype, but experimental proof will be needed first to see if UV light can be used safely on lung tissue, to affective to penetrate through bio film to kill infections. So far it seems most natural UV cannot perpetrate biofilm to kill bacterium, but might when exposed to Psoralen . A study of UV and Psororalen effects on biofilm can be found here at http://aem.asm.org/cgi/content/full/65/5/2025 Dyes and stain may yield similar effectiveness as Psororalen. I believe the Dental industry may have stuff which could be used to stain biofilm. Mire-2-Ton tabs is something used to see Plaque on teeth, but maybe something like this could stain biofilm in the lungs. Maybe the stain can be mixed with Psororalen and inhaled. Then the stain can absorb the UV. I recently found another charging device here http://www.ns.umich.edu/htdocs/releases/story.php?id=7585 which could be used to power the UV light Stent. I found a study using UV light at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20390554 , which show the effectiveness on destroying Pseudomonas Aeruginos bio film. Teflon seem to transmit the UV light the best, so it would probably be best to use a tube made with Teflon for passing UV light down the airways. It also shows the amount of UV C energy needed for very fast 100% kill rate of the bio film. I would guess much less energy for longer periods of time would yield the same results.
2. Flex Powered Coated Anti-Lung-Infection Light Stent- Another way then just using UV light to kill Orgs in lungs, and a real possibility, would be to use this coating http://www.seminarprojects.com/Thread-novel-nano-coating-kills-viruses-and-bacteria-when-exposed-to-light?pid=137#pid137 on a semi-long stent, which could extend the distance down a large airway, with a much lower and safer effective light source then just UV. The stent would have two general parts to it, the powerhead of the sent, which carries the flexing energy unit, and a long trailing thin coated flexible fiber tube stent which distributes light to all parts of the lung. This coating research and discover was done at NCU, and more info, can be obtain from there website or by blogging them here at http://www.seminarprojects.com/Thread-novel-nano-coating-kills-viruses-and-bacteria-when-exposed-to-light?pid=137#pid137
Need to think about using UV as a possible way to create some type of stem cell death treatment. The base for this idea, comes from this finding at http://www.ohri.ca/newsroom/newsstory.asp?ID=207
3. A magnetic guided probe: this would use a cylinder of magnets to guide a tethered or non-tethered probe within a lung. This should allow access and mapping of smaller airways.
4. magnetic head bio-degradable semi-nano dust spears, could be used with a magnet cylinder guidance system to place and embed various medication which was coated on one end of the dust spears. At the other end of the dust spear would be three iron molecules and one oxidized molecule. The spears would be made from nano tubes, and the magnet cylinder guidance system would guide and pull the tube's magnetic head into areas of interest. Area of interest could be lung airway walls to fight infection. A molujet could build these spears. The major goal of being able to pull the spears would be to get antibiotics past bacteria film. Currently many people R working on making medication nano sized so it can slip through bacteria film, but problems with making it this small and guiding it to places of infection has been challenging. I believe magnetic head bio-degradable semi-nano dust spears, would not have some of these challenging problems because the medication would not need to be so small, and the magnet cylinder guidance system would guide and keep the medication in the location of the infection. A method called nanomagnets http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090817190640.htm has already been developed. I cannot see why an inhaled version of this method could not be developed.
5. cold plasmas, plasmas that have temperatures of around 40 degrees Celsius showed great promise for use in dentistry to kill bacteria in teeth. I believe a cold plasmas could possible work to kill bacteria in airways. Needs looking into.
This section will allow visitors to submit correction or new information to the above section for approval. If approved, it will then be corrected or added to a section. If its declined, it will be moved to the decline section below.
This section will allow visitors to see stuff submitted and declined, so they can search it, and see what did not worked. It's important also let people now the stuff that did not cut the mustard.
Author: Robert Stack
Changes to Draft .0019: Added Arikace to treatments.
Changes to Draft .0018: Added another source for energy harvesting system. Changed some of the Index names, to suit the subject better.
Changes to Draft .0017: Added a new section called UV Environment and Equipment Treatment. I also incorporating new UV information, to some of the ideas in the idea section. I also changed the title of from "Asthmatic Condition Findings and Possibilities" to "Asthmatic and Pulmonary Condition Findings and Possibilities.
Changes to Draft .0016: Thing to do(OPEN) A conflict of Interest rating is needed. To much science, articles, findings and studies do not make it clear if any funding has any ties to the drug companies. The rating system should be Unknown, No or Yes. i.e. conflicts-of-interest: NO Also I read about repairing scared lung tissue with collagen. If anyone knows anything about this, or wants to point me the right directions, please contact me.
Changes to Draft .0015: Add to the submit section about a possible Statin treatment, added info to the infection treatment section.
Changes to Draft .0014: Corrected, and reworded something. Nothing important.
Changes to Draft .0013: Added a nutrition Section, Move some stuff around, and reworded something. Nothing important.
Changes to Draft .0012: I added a Flex Powered Coated Anti-Lung-Infection Light Stent to the idea section. I also added a new sub-section to infection treatment called, anti-biofilm compounds treatment, And a new compound to it.
Changes to Draft .0011: I added to possible idea section the possible of cold plasmas
Changes to Draft .0010: added some new section on gas Mr. suppliers and a link to a research group related to lung Mr. imaging.
Changes to Draft .0009: added Flex Powered Anti-Lung-Infection UV Light Stent to the idea section.
Changes to Draft .0008 Added a link to Hyper-Sage MRI method . Create a Category for Thermoplasty Treatment. I also added an idea section.
Changes to Draft .0007: Added a Break through Cat to stem cells and link for it. Nothing else adding, and no others changes made.
Changes to Draft .0006: Do not need to read changes, no change was done to the content, but added a link to a stem cell Research Institute, and Added a new section called infection treatment, and change some other category names, and added a sub category to stem cell treatment
Changes to Draft .0005: Added two new sections called: Regenerative Therapy and Tissue Therapy, and Made changes to the content of the Papers Current Goal section. No Other changes to existing content, but added two video to the new section called Regenerative.
Changes to Draft .0004: Change the name of the Draft to "Internet Asthmatic Findings and Possibilities". And Added some new sections, and change some sections names.
Changes to Draft .0003: New sub-sections were added to MRI testing, and added some new links. Shorten Many of the section's names.Shorten the Draft paper name to Asthmatic Findings and Possibilities.
No new content was added or changed in .0002: but I did mark some sections with things it needed. Also change the floating version number of draft and it's sections.